Easy to use pre-poured potato dextrose agar petri dishes (PDA plates) for the detection of yeasts, molds, and other fungus. NO pouring your own plates, which is time consuming and NO autoclaving required. Your plates will arrive sterile or we will replace them free of charge. This is an excellent science kit to learn microbiology and great for laboratory use. These plates are excellent for mushroom cultivation. Each plate is coated with a thick layer of agar perfect for fungal growth! See increased microorganism growth compared to other products. The thick agar surface prevents cracking and drying of the plates as seen with other kits. 100% money back guaranteed if you don’t absolutely love your set.
1. 10 pre-poured sterile petri dishes with agar
Here are some basic Instructions:
1. We recommend that unopened plates be refrigerated so they last longer (NOT FROZEN-this will crack the agar). Ideally, plates should be used within 30 days.
2. Take out potato dextrose agar plates (PDA petri dishes) and let them warm up to room temperature for about 30min to 1hr.
3. Add fungal cultures to the plates
4. Close the lid and turn the plate upside down so that the lid is on the bottom and agar is on the top.
5. Incubate plates at about 65-77°F, and keep a thermometer nearby to monitor the temperature.
6. Fungal colonies should be visible in several days.
PREPOURED CONVENIENT AGAR PLATES. DON’T WASTE TIME POURING AGAR. The plates are pre-poured PDA agar or potato dextrose agar. Potato agar is a medium for cultivating yeasts, molds, and other fungus. Petri dishes with potato dextrose agar are used for the detection of yeasts, molds, and other fungus. Excellent for student science fair projects!
PLATES WILL ARRIVE STERILE OR YOUR MONEY BACK! Risk free purchase! If there is any contamination or damaged plates, we will replace them free of charge.
EXCELLENT AGAR CHOICE FOR SCIENCE FAIR AND CLASSROOM PROJECTS: PDA agar can be used for science fair projects or in class experiments because it grows a very wide range of fungus and is safe to use!
DIY MOLD DETECTION. If you are worried about mold contamination at your home or office, you can take samples and add them to these plates to test for molds. However identifying the types of molds growing is not usually possible.
100% NO QUESTIONS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If there are any problems whatsoever with your agar plates, just contact us and we will refund you in full (or replace the plates if you prefer).